Thoughts

Poems , Articles & Short stories

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Nandlalah

                          Eyes that shine


He’s been after me since morning, this Krishna
His greedy eyes upon the pot of butter and sweets
“Ma, please!” he begs with false tears, my heart melts
What good is any food, unless the thief eats first?

“In a few minutes” I say, my custom bound self
wanting to finish the puja first, as I get things ready
Krishna pouts, but sits like a lamb next to the shelf
Just where the pots of goodies are, smelling heady

As we sing the praise of the lord, Krishna glows
He looks not like an earthly child, I can’t describe
the feeling that shook me up from head to toe
As the puja finished, he gets back to his naughty self.

I can‘t describe either, the glow in those eyes
As I was about to feed him the coveted sweet
And if I had a million lives, I would give them all
For that look of pure bliss on his face, yes I would!

And as he smeared his pretty face with butter
I wondered whether this was the same one who
Sat like a god descended on earth, lost in himself
Glowed like someone out of this world, a while ago.

He read my mind,” Ma, to you, I’ll forever be a child
As I promised in the times we’ve passed through
If you want truth and knowledge, you shall have that
If so you want anything else, you can have that too!”

“Son, I am but a simple woman, with little wants
I have got this bliss with penances, so I want not
what the sages seek, all I want is simple love
So any time my mind tries to take over my heart
Throw your blanket of maya around me, for the only
Identity I want forever, is the title” Krishna’s mother”



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home